Wednesday, February 25, 2015

...just in time

You satisfy both my hunger and my thirst,
I've cast my lot with you.
Looking back, I see my path
gently leading me just so.
Bless you, who inspire me 
from the soul of my knowing.
With you clear in my view,
no one will move me.
Deep gladness fills me, 
joy seeps from my pores;
even my body finds peace, sure peace.
---Psalm 16:5-9 (para. laca)

People are so disillusioned with...everything today. Is there anything that does not disappoint? Products, 'miracle' or otherwise, don't work as advertised. Movies, games, books, TV series are boring, formulaic, derivative. Food is fattening, or tasteless, tainted, genetically-modified (or not), or produced without benefit of fair-trade scrutiny. Modern medicine doesn't cure all of our aches and pains, and hasn't found answers for some of the killing questions of our human race; vaccines save countless lives, yet are blamed for gaps in prediction from year to year. Relationships fail to anticipate every need, for closeness, space, bonding, independence, validation. Is it any wonder we are disappointed people?

There is always the chance, though, that we are looking for the wrong things, in the wrong places. When I come to this clearing in the pathway, I can't help but see that I've been led to this place, shepherded away from danger and guided toward treasure to discover. There have been tears, there have. But here in this clearing there is gladness, for this moment. And now, face upturned, there is joy starting somewhere deep. Here in this clearing on my path, for now, there is relief and peace for my body, the house of my spirit.

I have been gently led here, just in time for this moment. And I can't help but believe there is more to come. Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment