Saturday, February 28, 2015

...for all the days that are

You are my shepherd, 
you meet needs I do not know.
You find peace for me in lovely places,
rest where waters refresh instead of threaten;
my spirit regains its wholeness in your care.
Because of who you are 
you help me walk the path.
When the trail cuts the valley, 
and shadows grow purple and deep,
your presence and your promise
keep my fear at bay;
your protection, even your teaching,
are a comfort in the dark.
You set a fellowship table in the open,
refusing to let me treat the other as enemy;
you set me aside for a special thing;
it is so much, I can't take it all in.
My God, your good grace and mercy 
will be my traveling companions 
all my life long;
and I will count your dwelling as my
place of abiding for all the days that are.
Psalm 23 (para. laca)

No comments:

Post a Comment