Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Make this hope your guiding premise

Match your present to the promise, Christ will come again.
Make this hope your guiding premise, Christ will come again.
Pattern all your calculating and the world you are creating
to the advent you are waiting: Christ will come again.
---Thomas Troeger

Does the whole 'Christ coming again' idea ever confuse you? It does me (good thing the world doesn't depend on whether I have it all figured out or not!). When I read the ends of some of the Gospel accounts, it seems Christ comes again, several times over. I know that throws open a debate over what age we are currently living in, and that makes lots of folks a little nervous. Me, too; but mainly nervous over what kind of 'Kingdom Come' created here on Earth.
I like what Thomas Troeger has to say to us here, though. I hear him saying, 'Leigh Anne, live your life in line with the promises you say you believe from God. Create the world you say you are waiting on. This is the arrival that is advent.'
What do you think?

...so here we stand, whoever we are,
bathed in the light of a star...

No comments:

Post a Comment