Wednesday, October 7, 2015

...let go of knowing

Green pastures are before me, which yet I have not seen;
bright skies will soon be o’er me, where the dark clouds have been:
my life I cannot measure, the path of life is free;
my Savior has my treasure, and he will walk with me.
---Anna L. Waring, 1850

The not knowing. Is there a more helpless feeling than not seeing the path that lies ahead of you, not being certain of what the future holds for you? How are we to plan, to plot our course, to steel ourselves against the possibility of future injury or harm without the knowing?

Let go. Let go of knowing. Let go the stress of needing to be in control of a future that was never yours to begin with. Trust that your pathway will wind its way through green pastures, under bright skies. Trust that the Savior holds what is truly treasure for your life.

And know this one thing: the steps you take, wherever your path leads, are walked beside your Savior. Every step, in shadow or sun, through green pasture or shadowed wood---never alone.


No comments:

Post a Comment